Our client, a vertically integrated Cannabis Company is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Manager to join their growing team. The Payroll and Benefits Manager will ensure accurate processing and recording of employee data including payroll, benefits, and personal information. This position supports the balance of the Payroll and Human Resources members through administration of key systems such as HRIS (Human Resources Information System), various Benefits Administration and Performance Management platforms.
This is a remote opportunity for candidates located on the East Coast.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains payroll and employee information by collecting, calculating, and entering data, including, but not limited to, new hire onboarding, changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles and department or division transfers.
- Processes, reviews, and balances bi-weekly payroll. Ensures payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, and other items that affect pay and/or company liability.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees.
- Coordinate yearly Open Enrollment Meetings with employees and brokers. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers and process changes within deadlines.
- Participates in New Hire Orientation to ensure employees understand the employee portal and benefit programs and is the go-to person for both.
- Work as liaison with insurance carriers, brokers, and employees to resolve issues.
- Calculate employee payroll insurance deductions based on enrollment paperwork and notify the HRIS/Payroll provider of those changes.
- Reconcile benefit invoices against monthly headcount.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to VP of Human Resources.
- Processes employee benefits elections including new hire, annual enrollment, and life events. This includes accurate taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Provides garnishment and withholding notices to the employee and payroll provider in a timely manner for processing.
- Processes accurate and timely year-end and quarterly reporting and taxation processes such as W2, EEOC, 5500, Census, and completes other like processes.
- Enters and/or reports 401(k) contributions to a 3rd party provider and is responsible for the upkeep and entries within the HRIS/Payroll system.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages and generates other system reports as needed.
- Is responsible for the audit process of 401(k), WC, and any other audits related to the function.
- Completes salary, benefits, and other HR related surveys.
- Updates employee change requests, assists, and prepares correspondence to 3rd party entities such as employment verifications, child support, unemployment, workers compensation, etc.
- Handles confidential information with sensitivity and discretion.
- At least 3 years of experience in Payroll and Benefit Administration, handling multi-state entities
- Working knowledge of Wage and Hour requirements and Taxation requirements: both State and Federal
- Working knowledge of Wurk payroll software
- Cannabis industry experience / knowledge a plus
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly proficient with computers and technology. Technological skill sets to include use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drives, and other software as required
- Internet savvy with the ability to navigate and manage employee benefits changes on multiple carrier websites
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Strong work ethic and team player
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced math skills
Compensation: DOE $60,000 – $75,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTEMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEMP200