Our client is a vertically integrated Michigan-based cannabis company that serves its customers and community with the highest quality of products and customer service, while also providing a caring work environment for its employees.
Our client is seeking a Cultivation Harvest Manager that will serve as a subject matter expert within the division and will be responsible for maintaining a healthy and productive team. The manager will be responsible for functional areas critical to the cannabis plant health from fertigation and plant creation to grow room product quality and overall sanitation.
This is a dynamic team requiring dynamic skills, and as such the daily tasks may vary, resulting in a fast paced and lively work environment. Employees will rely on the Harvest Manager for direction and Lean Leadership.
- Manage time labor and production activities including deleafing, harvest, desteming, waste removal, cleaning events, etc.
- Assure team members complete all proper recording in our systems, including but not limited to our production aids.
- Utilize production aids to help visualize and communicate the goals and progress through production events.
- Develop new strategies to continue the improvement of the tactics and procedures to better refine our process as prescribes by the company’s Lean Management System
- To communicate and coach team members and Leads to utilize and develop new production management aids
- Motivate the Team and coach on proper Standard Work and execution of tasks per the Production Schedule
- Collaboratively leading and constantly Improve standard work procedures towards the highest quality plant output’
- Ensure team compliance with both company Standard Work procedures and government rules & regulations
- Prepare and manage the team in tracking all activities and work performed in MERTC: including plant tagging and tracking, waste tracking, nutrient and crop inputs, harvest entry, and harvest batch tracking
- Lead and promote a collaborative, professional and courteous team atmosphere
- Four Year College Degree in Horticulture, Biology, Agriculture, or equivalent is preferred. Five Years’ management experience in agricultural industry is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Computer and Greenhouse Automation (PRIVA) proficiency experience is preferred
- Experience with cannabis track-and-trace software such as METRC is a plus.
- Efficient cultivation/production work leadership with application of Lean Tools and Problem-Solving skills to root-cause correct daily cultivation/production issues.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes
- Must be a Team Player who drives accountability, is proactive, with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter who drives the team to achieve production targets within set timelines.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills using MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push 50 pounds and stand for entire 8-hour shift
- Must be able to work in a highly pollenated environment (kief) and be able to be in hot and humid conditions.
- Leadership experience, working with a team of individuals, from a variety of backgrounds.
Compensation: $70 – $80K plus Health, Dental, Vision, Life & PTO Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200