Our client, a vertically integrated cannabis company, is looking for a Cultivation Manager to join their growing team in Maryland. The Cultivation Manager will support the facility in all things related to the cultivation operations. Including, but not limited to, cultivation scheduling, planning, staffing, storage & transport. The Cultivation Manager will also help facilitate cross-functional department communications, including compliance, quality, community relations, engineering & maintenance, and purchasing.
- Design, direct, and implement cultivation operations for multiple large-scale grow facilities, which include: propagation, transplanting, feeding, cropping, flushing, spraying, and trimming flowers.
- Continually work to improve the operational capabilities and outputs of all growing locations
- Develop and execute grow methodologies, strain genetics, tissue culture protocols for indoor cannabis production
- Responsible for developing and implementing long term production plans and delivers on key production metrics set by the company
- Develop and maintain KPIs for monitoring operational efficiency of cultivation programs and productivity rates for employees
- Collaborates with other departments to effectively run cultivation programs
- Works closely with department heads on planning and budgeting of cultivation programs
- Ensures all projects are completed on-time and on-budget and communicates with upper management and third-party resources as necessary
- Takes responsibility and initiative in the smooth running of all cultivation operations
- Liaises with other departments, including finance, accounting, marketing, HR, etc. to ensure the Cultivation Department goals are met effectively
- Serves as a resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Create preventative maintenance procedures to ensure equipment runs per manufacturer's recommendations in order to obtain the highest quality yields without loss to fungus, disease, and mold, etc.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other relevant worker safety regulations in a cultivation environment; Worker Protection Standards, Hazardous Communication
- Comply with the state tracking and trace system
Education and Required Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Plant Science, Agronomy, Plant Biology, Horticulture or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 7 plus years of agriculture experience in a commercial cannabis environment
- Ability to closely track budget expenses, understand effective product pricing, and maintain high-quality vendor relationships where needed.
- Experience with various grow mediums, crop management, and commercial irrigation methods
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and IPM solutions
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a highly organized manner
Compensation: $100,000 – $120,000
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.