Our client, a commercial cannabis producer located in Montevideo Uruguay, is seeking a Director of Cultivation consultant for a 6-month contract. The Director of Cultivation will provide oversight on all Cultivation, post harvest and packaging operations for their existing professional cultivation operations.
You will be training and working closely with their existing Head of Cultivation and report directly to the executive team. The existing operations include greenhouse rooms for flower, vegetation, mother and clone and DTC.
Previous experience leading award winning commercial cannabis greenhouse cultivation and packaging operations is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day and big picture operations of a large scale commercial greenhouse grow
- Must oversee the cultivation procedures and nutrient protocols, keeping accurate records and presenting the results in a timely manner to the appropriate executives.
- Develop company cultivation methods and work closely with the rest of the cultivation department to develop and improve processes and supervise all post-harvest activities
- Ensure post-harvest work areas are clean and maintained in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures, and motivate the cultivation staff to meet performance targets
- Ensure proper training and development of employees and prepare weekly employee time and payroll
- Schedule preventative maintenance to ensure the highest quality yields without loss to fungus, disease and mold etc.
- Follow strict standards related to the grow operations and will be responsible for KPI Reporting and monitoring on a regular basis.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, and integrated pest management treatment
- Execute preventative maintenance to eliminate mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats etc.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and scheduling staff through all processes including cloning, transplanting, topping, defoliating, trimming, packaging, etc.
- Develop and/or maintain all greenhouse grow protocols and nutrient regiments
- Schedule plant maintenance and maintain organization to keep costs down
- Track and catalog each strain from seed to flower to harvest.
- Comprehensive knowledge of strains including Sativa, Indica and Hybrids and understand the medicinal implementation and effects of strains
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Willing to travel to and live in Montevideo, Uruguay for a 6 month period beginning September 2022.
- 5+ years as a Head Grower in a Commercial Greenhouse Operation
- 5+ years commercial agriculture experience
- Must be a strong leader with an acute business sense
- Expertise and knowledge with nutrients and soil mediums
- Knowledge of Integrated Pest Management solutions and ability to identify nutrient deficiencies proactively
- Up to date and advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant growing techniques, new strains and genetics
- Well organized and attention to detail is a must
- Experienced team leader with a positive attitude and vision for the future
- Knowledge of crop management and commercial agriculture
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, pests and health
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Must be 21+ and pass a background screening
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Horticulture or Plant Science a Plus
Compensation: $60,000 (tax exempt/tax free) for 6 a month contract.
Note: All travel expenses will be paid by company including airfare and rental car. Living accommodations to be paid by company include an apartment in the capital city of Montevideo.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100