Our client, a leading vertically integrated cannabis operator within the state of Michigan, is seeking a Director of Production Operations to oversee their existing cannabis production and manufacturing operations and work out of their Bay City area location.
The Director of Production Ops will be responsible for the management of the Production, Harvest and Packaging Departments to ensure operational efficiencies, successful management of labor, maintain a high level of productivity, and maintain quality control and overall safety of the facility.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and review production policies and procedures, update them as needed, and communicate them to the supervisory staff and employees.
- Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision. Plays a significant role in long-term planning and production status reporting.
- Monitor daily production activities and work closely with VP of Operations to meet reporting and production standards in processing, packaging, and harvest departments.
- Responsible for formulating policies, programs, and objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products.
- Manage a Fulfillment team who support outside sales activities by providing order management, item availability, and related operations.
- Maintain multiple product production schedule and oversee all support departments while following all guidelines established for finished goods.
- Develop and implement on-the-job training of subordinates' skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
- Investigating causes of quality problems and implementing solutions.
- Directly involved with development of new processor items to introduce to the market.
- Compile and analyze production reports to ensure achievement of quality, financial, and production goals. Meets with direct reports to formulate action plans to address opportunities and maintain successes.
- Maintain accurate inventory of prime materials and finished goods, facilitating accuracy of order picking and packing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree a plus.
- Strong people management and organizational skills required.
- Cannabis operations management experience is required.
- At least 8+ years of experience managing people/teams.
- Root cause analysis and cause mapping experience.
- At least three (3) years of experience of managing in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong technology, critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
Compensation: $115,000 – $130,000 plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100