Our client located outside Bay City Michigan is seeking a full time Post Harvest Manager. The Manager will ensure that the department and company are compliant with all local and state laws as well as company policies and procedures.
The Post-Harvest Manager will oversee all cannabis post harvest processing activities for the company from Drying and Trimming through packaging. They will also be responsible for leading and developing the teams responsible for the processing and packaging duties, in order to increase efficiency and maximize throughput while maintaining quality standards.
- Direct operational issues and budget decisions; participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, department policies, and procedures
- Continuous improvement in efficiencies, processes and procedures
- Manage and coordinate Post Harvest, Cure, Processing and Packaging operations at the facility including: daily activities, supply requests, equipment requirements, training/ development, schedules, personnel and quality assurance.
- Inventory oversight, management, and organization.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates, and techniques for operational improvement.
- Create, improve, implement, and ensure quality standards and procedures for processing and packaging operations
- Implement procedures and systems to increase efficiency, decrease costs, and effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Manage and utilize Processing and Packaging labor force to effectively meet production goals and quality standards
- Provide coaching and direction concerning operational and personnel issues in the processing department
- Ensure product quality from each specific facility; making sure it is maintained while processed, cured, and packaged
- Monitor employee progress; coach, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through personal and professional growth
- Create and manage approved budgets in relation to processing and automation at the facility
- Support regulatory compliance activities including authoring and review of study reports, and SOPs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in plant sciences and/or Agriculture related disciplines preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a large scale as Post Harvest cannabis operation required
- Ability to manage people and provide day-to-day supervision
- Ability to gather, track, and report on agricultural information obtained during harvest tracking
- Ability to develop and document SOPs
COMPENSATION: $60-$75K, Benefits and retirement.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100