We are currently seeking a hands-on Sanitation Manager for a Michigan based cannabis cultivation and manufacturing facility. This individual will lead and work alongside the current sanitation team in order to take care of all required sanitation needs.
The Sanitation Manager will provide hands-on oversight and leadership, responsible for all facets of sanitation and housekeeping for their marijuana cultivation & processing facility and grounds.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for plant and production equipment cleaning, chemical handling, pest control, buildings and grounds inspections and upkeep, raw material inspection, as well as training, compliance, and record keeping.
- Ensure upkeep and following of the Master Sanitation schedule.
- Reviewing existing sanitation programs, recommend, develop, and implement new or improved programs.
- Inspect plants and warehouses to ensure compliance with internal sanitation and safety procedures and programs and to comply with state and federal laws.
- Oversees all sanitation training programs to ensure they are understood and completed by sanitation personnel and production operators in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assure compliance to all federally mandated and local regulations by the production facility to assure food safety for consumers.
- Work alongside the Sanitation crew of up to 10 + employees daily.
- Maintain master cleaning schedule for plant meeting GMP guidelines.
- Maintains and writes detailed clean up procedures and SSOPs for all plant equipment.
- Audit clean up (monthly and product changeovers), requires identification of equipment to be cleaned, phasing of cleaning, and number of individuals required to clean, etc).
- Assist in the Monthly Plant inspection process.
- Routinely interfaces with vendors for cost savings, ordering departmental supplies, and arranging special services in plant (pesticide applications, contracted cleaning and painting, carpet cleaning, new dust collection filter technologies, etc).
- Responsible for sanitation of plant, warehouse, and plant ground. Coordinate Safety Shoes and pest control program for the plant.
- Involved in Customer Audits and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science related area preferred or 3+ years of supervisory experience in a food-manufacturing environment such as Production, Sanitation or Quality related experience.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) and product labeling for chemicals used in performing cleaning tasks and an understanding of pest control programs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Remote work not available for this position.
- Must be able to travel occasionally both local and out of the area depending on business need.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
Compensation: Up to $60,000 Based on Experience Plus Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM200