Our client, a Cannabis producer in Pennsylvania, is seeking an Extraction Lab Director to be responsible for the facility’s preparation and overall extraction process and day-to-day production including establishing protocol and regulations as well as developing the documentation of standard operating procedures for extraction and proprietary processing techniques.
The Director will provide oversight of weighing, packaging, labeling, and documentation of all products, as well as the tracking of batch numbers, lot numbers, and expiration dates. In addition, the director will also be responsible for providing the executive team reports associated with process, efficiency, and quality.
The Extraction Lab Director will develop the Extraction lab team and facility from the ground floor and provide oversight to outfitting the lab with the proper equipment.
- Oversee the development of the facility and purchasing of extraction equipment
- Oversee hiring, training and development of Extraction team
- Oversee day to day operations of Extraction Facility
- Expertise on Hydrocarbon Extraction methods
- Ensure compliance with company policies & procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with State Cannabis regulations.
- Provide expert recommendations on specific Cannabis product formulations and strategic approaches set forth by the executive team.
- Maintains extraction/infusion operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing operational policies and procedures
- Work closely with production team on all elements of the extraction and infusion process
- Provide consistent oversight of extraction procedures, ensuring standardized requirements and accuracy
- Monitor and update all necessary information in the MJ Freeway platform
- Provide leadership to staff, ensuring counts are accurate and staff are performing in the most efficient manner possible
- Manage, train and direct staff
- Manage and maintain clean work environment
- Degree in chemistry or related field preferred
- Experience with hydrocarbon extraction methods
- Experience with Molecular distillation
- Experience with MJ Freeway
- Experience in various cannabis formulation methods
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of State Laws and Regulations
Compensation: $100k – $120k plus benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application or the link below – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100