Our client, a rapidly growing vertically integrated, multistate cannabis company, is looking for a Director, IT Applications to join their team in Boca Raton, FL.
The Director of Information Technology Applications is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure. Generally, will direct and manage IT plans, schedules, policies, and programs for the Company’s data processing, business operations, and management of information systems, according to established goals and objectives. This person will provide infrastructure operational leadership that will operate the technology environment, streamline associated processes, minimize service interruptions, report service levels with transparency, reduce infrastructure costs, and minimize risk associated with technology failures and cyber intrusions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technically adept at transforming the company’s vision into the IT department, while partnering with executive leaders and product management to define product strategy and IT roadmaps.
- Lead the technical vision and ensure excellent technical and architectural decision-making across the applications /engineering teams to ensure application and platform security, scalability, and resilience.
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, across the company and on the executive team to communicate, implement, and align around Technology solutions that are aligned to business outcomes.
- Build and maintain a culture of quality, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in the IT department
- Proven experience in managing a technology team around common goals (OKRs, KPIs) that align with the business/department objectives as well as the team’s career and professional growth
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends and initiate appropriate decisions for various technology
- Analyze requirements for the company and develop projects in coordination with software and equipment personnel
- Monitor all functions of the IT department and ensure compliance with work standards
- Administer maintenance, licensing, and purchase of all technology software systems. Analyze and review new partners/vendors.
- Analyze all business objectives and recommend solutions to all IT investments
- Direct preventive and corrective maintenance of all hosting, network, and endpoint infrastructure to maximize availability
- Manage data backups to reduce risk of data loss and to facilitate service restoration
- Leverage managed server provider capabilities to deliver world class service and achieve labor arbitrage where appropriate
- Participate in leadership of operating expense reduction initiatives and capital management and drive implementation of those initiatives
- Provide a strong operations capability that works in partnership with operations and support teams in Applications and Software Engineering, Digital, and Cyber Security
- Identify and track key operational metrics that clearly demonstrate service levels and year over year improvement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Start-up experience is a plus with fast-paced environments, tight feedback loops and continuous delivery
- Excellent communication, punctuality, leadership, and project management skills
- Proven track record of maintaining IT applications, networks, security protocols and infrastructure
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science and/or related field required
- Minimum 10 + years of senior-level experience leading technology teams to solve diversified business challenges
- Experience in implementing SaaS software solutions in the retail, pharmacy and/or healthcare space
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills that lead to the effective prioritization of IT investments for maximum impact
- Extremely fluent with data solutions, tools, cloud platforms delivery life cycles, common conceptual solution architecture, and risks
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
- Good understanding of HIPAA, PCI, SOX, and other security and compliance requirements and certification processes
Compensation: $105,000 – $160,000 Depending on Experience + Bonus and Benefits
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application – all inquiries are strictly confidential. Our focus is to assist you to make your best next career move, and we will not use your information for any other purpose.
CannabizTeam is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. TEAM100