- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 10
- Expertise: Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
Designing a software platform to capture and interpret manufacturing data Handling M&A due diligence Representing clients in federal courts and administrative agencies
- Edgar is an accomplished attorney with a unique combination of experience in a large law firm, as in-house counsel, and as the founder of a cannabis software startup.
- He has an undergraduate degree in chemistry and is a licensed Patent Attorney, but his decade-long legal career has covered nearly every facet of corporate law for clients ranging from multinational technology conglomerates to single-location craft brewers.
- Edgar practiced law at a firm for nearly 10 years after obtaining his JD and represented clients in a wide variety of industries–from pharmaceuticals to consumer data–and helped them navigate a wide range of issues.
- He drafted and negotiated commercial agreements, including IP licenses, M&A due diligence, employment agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, service and supply agreements, asset transfer, and other commercial contracts.
- He also represented clients in numerous federal courts and administrative agencies.
- Edgar entered the cannabis industry by launching a software startup to develop lab information management software for cannabis manufacturers.
- He worked with a group of extraction chemists and technicians to design and build a software platform to better capture and interpret their manufacturing data and make more profitable decisions.
- As CEO, he was responsible for all business and legal decisions, including SaaS licensing, partnership deals, strategic financing, and corporate governance.
- He decided to sell his company and focus on a career as an in-house attorney.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter