- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 5
- Expertise: Executive strategy and planning, internal controls, and process improvements
Advising on tax compliance, market strategy, and business development Fundraising for seed stage and growth companies Budgeting/forecasting, accounting and finance, and legal functions
- Gavin is a CFO, licensed CPA, and attorney in good standing with an MBA and a background in private and public cannabis equity investments, regulatory compliance, and fundraising for seed stage and growth companies.
- His investments in the cannabis space have yielded weighted average gains exceeding 400%.
- Gavin serves as a strategic advisor to a cannabis startup, advising on business development, tax compliance, go-to-market strategy, and fundraising.
- He has also provided advisory services to and invested in a privately-held industrial hemp cultivator and processor.
- Gavin’s current experience is relevant to the operations, strategy, and accounting practices of an established MSO, specifically regarding capital expenditures, inventory valuation, cost accounting, and revenue recognition.
- His responsibilities within the last 2 organizations he’s supported include all accounting and finance, risk management, budgeting/forecasting, FP&A, information technology, human resources, and legal functions.
- With backgrounds in corporate finance, contracts, business law, and extensive experience with cross-functionality and leadership among several sectors of highly regulated businesses, Gavin has excelled in the areas of executive strategy and planning, profit growth, internal controls, and process improvements.
- He has overseen multiple ERP system implementations, employee benefit plan administration, insurance renewals, and broker of record transitions, and managed corporate investment portfolios exceeding $10M.
- Thanks to continuing education, he utilized temporary tax advantages to effect over $1M in cumulative tax savings on a single capital investment.
- Gavin worked on M&A transactions (buy and sell sides), performing due diligence, and preparing CIMs and presentations for complex negotiations.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter