Download our FREE 2024 Cannabis Industry Salary Guide

SVP of Operations
LOOKING FOR:
Permanent
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
26
EXPERTISE:
Operations/Supply Chain Management

GavinSeasoned Operations Executive with 26 years of experience.

Relevant Skills

Operations, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control

Expertise Summary
  • Gavon, MBA, is a seasoned executive with a strong background in operations, supply chain management, and quality.
    • As the SVP of Operations for a cannabis multi-state operator (MSO), he spearheads the company’s sales and operations planning (S&OP) strategies, overseeing the end-to-end management of the supply chain and leading manufacturing sites across the US.
    • He has been instrumental in driving innovation within the organization, playing a pivotal role in developing solvent-less technology and introducing branded products to meet the evolving demands of the marketplace.
  • Before this role, Gavon served as the SVP of US Operations for one of the largest companies in the cannabis industry.
    • He led sales support, start-up operations, and procurement activities across 20+ states, ensuring efficient management of product inventory.
  • As SVP of Operations, Gavon successfully oversaw the transition from medical to adult use, managing 8 states with GMs as direct reports.
    • Under his leadership, a network of 30+ dispensaries generated an impressive revenue of $150MM.
    • In the thriving NJ medical cannabis market, the team achieved exceptional results, generating a staggering $60MM
    • This impressive revenue stream consisted of 80% from a single retail dispensary, showcasing its remarkable success–the remaining 20% was generated by being the first to initiate wholesale operations and sales in the state.
  • By implementing various creative strategies as SVP of Operations, Gavon successfully fostered customer loyalty and generated additional revenue of $5MM in one state within a single quarter.
    • Their initiatives included engaging in activities such as raffles, scratch-off cards, and budtender spot bonuses.
    • These innovative approaches not only incentivized repeat business, but also added an element of excitement and anticipation.
  • Manufacturing/Operations Accomplishments:
    • As SVP of Operations, Gavon led the transformation of the Sales & Operating Planning (S&OP) process by expanding the planning team, resulting in an impressive 30.2% revenue growth within 12 months, achieving a +50% margin target per market, and successfully increasing adjusted EBITDA by 20% in Q4, 2022.
    • As General Manager for multiple states he successfully oversaw the P&L focusing on expanding retail presence, increasing manufacturing capacity, and introducing wholesale to the market with over 70% brand penetration–the revenue exceeded $100MM within just 18 months.
    • Gavon developed a global quality risk management program to prevent failure within the manufacturing sites and supply chain process. He did so by implementing Lean concepts (FMEA, 5S, VSM, Poka-Yoke) and an enhanced HACCP control plan strategy–which created $1.5 million of savings in raw material loss per year across US, UK, China, Japan, and India manufacturing sites.

2022 Tri-State Cannabis Salary Guide

Salary guide download for the Tri-State cannabis market

Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

2024 Cannabis Industry Salary Guide

Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Skip to content