- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 12
- Expertise: GAAP technical accounting, public accounting, financial planning, and budgeting
Closing books for month-end Ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations Setting up accounting books and automating systems
- Giovanni, CPA, MAcc, has 12+ years of progressive accounting and finance leadership experience with 5 years of public accounting and the last 6 months in cannabis.
- He is an experienced problem solver and big picture accounting leader with a strong grasp of GAAP technical accounting and a passion for the cannabis industry.
- He is a servant leader with a collaborative management style and strong beliefs in team empowerment and individual ownership and accountability.
- Giovanni started his career in public accounting doing the books for high net worth individuals and families, then spent 3 more years at a premier accounting organization, honing his skills on best practices in a public company environment–he had his first private role as Accounting Manager, closing month-end books.
- For a film production company, he gained experience in financial planning, analysis, and budgeting, then jumped industries quickly learning IFRS and implementing an ERP system.
- Most recently at a premier cannabis company, Giovanni guides the team on complex accounting issues and financial reporting, ensuring accuracy and compliance with regulations and assisting on research for 280e.
- Giovanni has strong technical accounting skills and is ready to run his own team.
- He brings the ability to set up the accounting books, automate the systems, hire and manage a team, and prepare for the 3 years of audits needed before going public.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter