- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Expertise: Obtaining and maintaining licensure
Overseeing the licensing and compliance department Advising at the state and local level Assisting in business mergers and acquisitions
- Josephine is a Licensing and Compliance Specialist who works with startups and legacy operators across the supply chain to obtain and maintain licensure.
- She successfully oversees the licensing and compliance department of a premier cannabis law firm and its portfolio of clients, totaling 100+ individual licenses.
- She is committed to social justice, policy reform, and the de-stigmatization of the cannabis industry.
- Josephine has assisted in advising a vertically integrated, publicly-traded cannabis company in its financial interest holder disclosures and ownership changes at the state and local levels.
- She assisted in cannabis business mergers and acquisitions and successfully helps the parties in navigating the nuanced transfer of ownership regulations.
- Josephine has leveraged her experience of civil litigation and dispute resolution through her participation in the settlement negotiations and overall litigation of ADA, TCPA, and breach of contract disputes frivolously filed against cannabis licensees.
- Josephine has extensive experience preparing applications of all types at the state and local levels, including merit-based applications.
- Notably, she assisted numerous clients in their submissions in a process notorious for its controversy, leading them to become some of the first to receive licensure in the city.
- Additionally, Josephine is responsible for responding to any deficiency notices, notices of violation/failed batches, and overseeing renewals for all of the firm’s clients. As such, Josephine has extensive experience drafting SOPs, security plans, corrective action plans, etc.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter