- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 7
- Expertise: Site and vendor acquisition, lending negotiations, and TI leasing
Revamping SOPs, benefits, and governmental compliance practices Supervising buildouts Growing field and corporate staff
- Monroe has an MBA and deep-rooted experience in the cannabis industry, having been a COO with a multi-store retailer/cultivator since the inception of legal adult-use cannabis.
- His responsibilities include strategic growth, finance, licensing and compliance, operations, human resources, and marketing.
- During his tenure, Monroe grew the cannabis company from 2 stores and 2 cultivation centers to 10 stores and 4 cultivation centers, including a 40,000 sq/ft state-of-the-art greenhouse.
- He directly championed revenue increase from $5M to $51M, with a 17.6% net operating margin for 2020.
- With a background of senior management and consultancy roles with companies varying in size from “mom & pops” to premier subsidiaries, Monroe brought his in-depth experience in site acquisition, vendor acquisition, lending negotiations, and TI leasing to his current role.
- He supervised buildouts from $400K-$750K per store, a greenhouse budget of $11M, and a new corporate office of $600K.
- Monroe was fundamental in growing both field staff and corporate staff, ultimately overseeing approximately 350 personnel.
- This included 7 Directors and Vice Presidents.
- Monroe is a driver for structure and accountability.
- He championed the revamp of the company SOPs, benefits, and governmental compliance practices.
- He is comfortable traveling as needed.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter