- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 10
- Expertise: Compliance and oversight, business development, SOP creation, project management
Cutting costs and improving efficiency Strategizing and leading a cultivation system Decreasing COGS
- Waylon is an award-winning cannabis leader and innovator with 10 years of experience in cultivation, extraction, manufacturing, distribution, wholesale, and retail.
- As a seasoned operations professional, Waylon led cross-functional teams and is highly skilled in compliance and oversight, business development, SOP creation, project management, team development and leadership, budgeting and KPI development, inventory management, and brand management.
- Waylon was recruited for the C-suite of a cannabis company to lead them into a large growth phase.
- He was responsible for running the day-to-day operations and reporting to the board.
- As the sole company C-suite leader, Waylon grew the company from a small mom-and-pop shop to a mid-size category leader in the recreational cannabis market.
- At a cannabis company, Waylon strategized and led the revamped cultivation system, switching out nutrient lines, developing a robust IPM program, and expanding the breeding program.
- He expanded from a single license medical cultivation site (5,000 sq ft) to a double licensed recreational facility (80,000 sq ft) and led the development of cost-cutting measures and efficiency improvements during the 2018 flower price crash–they emerged unscathed and more efficient than ever.
- Waylon led the transition from a costly in-house manufacturing facility at a small and poorly built laboratory to an outsourced 3rd party supply chain.
- COGS decreased by 15%, liability and complexity lessened, and they concurrently maintained product quality and consistency.
- Waylon was previously recruited by a former tech entrepreneur to oversee the development of a cannabis conglomerate.
- It consisted of a 3 phase plan: a retail medical dispensary, a production company, and a wholesale company.
- He was responsible for building the combined entities from the ground up.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter