- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 8
- Expertise: Floriculture and greenhouse production
Developing proprietary production methods Improving commercial production protocols Developing site-specific SOPs
- Carter is a professional horticulturist, specializing in floriculture and greenhouse production with 8 years of experience in commercial cannabis production and research.
- He led several companies in the development of proprietary production methods, improved commercial production protocols, and the application of basic agricultural principles.
- He’s developed site-specific SOPs, training programs, KPIs, and tailored crop scheduling for facilities ranging from 2,500 to 150,000 sqft while ensuring state compliance.
- Recently, he was Director of Cultivation for a cannabis company where he oversaw the build-out of a 34,000 sqft research facility, tissue culture laboratory, and 40,000 sqft production greenhouse.
- The facility design aimed to reduce costs by including cutting-edge HVAC systems, state-of-the-art AI data collection, intelligent crop fertigation, and an Argus controls system to “grow smarter.”
- He was able to lead a team that achieved company goals in efficient and consistent production while annually growing larger in a saturated marketplace.
- Starting with 3,000 seeds, he used terpene and cannabinoid analysis to narrow down a rotation of plants which appealed to a variety of consumers while satisfying the production needs.
- Carter designed an easy-to-use production system that standardizes weekly work and monitors the KPIs of the facility to ensure consistent accountability of multiple departments.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter