- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 15
- Expertise: Cannabis, business operations, plant genetics and breeding
Overseeing grow operations Building a national hemp program Empowering teams with tools to succeed
- Dawson is a horticulture expert and leader with extensive experience in large-scale agriculture, business operations, sales, and cannabis and plant breeding.
- Dawson has a professional background working in the wine industry as a Director of Farm Operations for a variety of leading companies.
- After 15 years in the wine industry, Dawson spent the last year building a national hemp program at a cannabis company as VP of Farming.
- He oversaw all national grow operations, producing 5 million pounds of dry biomass for CBD and rare cannabinoid extraction.
- After years of farming, Dawson is convinced that sound business decisions must be grounded in the day-to-day operations of a company and that a direct and honest connection to the raw materials and human capital is what builds brands and is essential to guide them.
- He incorporates this ethos into his leadership style, communicating clearly and effectively with all team members–holding the team accountable while empowering them with the tools to succeed.
- Dawson has an MBA along with an extensive educational background in integrative biology, geographic information systems, business operations, and plant genetics and breeding.
- He is also bilingual and can speak Spanish fluently.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter