- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 7
- Expertise: Creating a culture of compliance
Developing internal audit checklists Implementing SOPs Conducting weekly regulatory audits
- Josiah demonstrated a track record of success within compliance, legal, and government affairs departments across a variety of different cannabis markets in the US.
- He’s worked with a variety of cannabis MSOs.
- As a Compliance Specialist, Josiah implemented SOPs for 17 licenses, including cultivation, distribution, and retail operations. Joe also managed the training of these SOPs to ensure a smooth rollout across all operations.
- He conducted weekly regulatory audits, establishing a baseline of compliance and monitored processes.
- By developing proprietary, internal audit checklists and conducting surprise audits, Josiah mimicked state and city regulatory inspectors, creating a culture of compliance.
- Josiah served as the sole point of contact for all compliance-related inquiries, quickly developing city and state connections.
- Josiah is working on his Juris Doctor–he used his law school career to continue enhancing his knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance in the cannabis industry.
- He demonstrated a deep passion for the cannabis industry and has a wide understanding of cannabis trends, compliance complexities in various state markets, and finding solutions for those complexities.
- He possesses an understanding of seed-to-sale tracking systems, including METRC, BioTrack, and Treez software.
- Josiah used the software to create and implement record-keeping procedures for each license type.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter