- Looking For: Permanent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Expertise: Daily operations, compliance and license renewal, and strategic planning
Formulating training, KPIs, and SMART goals Increasing productivity and reducing cost Formulating SOPs
- Sonny is currently a Director of Operations for one of the largest medical cannabis dispensaries in Colorado.
- The cannabis company has 2 dispensaries that each see several hundred patients a day with a plan to open at least 2 more once their next 90,000 sq. ft. grow–currently under construction–is fully operating.
- He reports directly to the semi absent CEO/Owner and is empowered to oversee all aspects of the business from day-to-day operations to compliance and license renewal and strategic planning.
- In 2020, Sonny rebranded the labs and converted them from a house brand to a full-scale B2B, including the addition of a Packing Manager and Sales Representatives.
- Various process improvement methodologies and practices were tested and applied to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- He also formulated all of the SOPs for the new venture and the SOPs of a hazardous lab, incorporating good laboratory practices, cash handling, and accounting–this streamlined and tracked cash purchases ranging from $600-$160,000.
- Sonny set up a sustainable operations infrastructure and was recruited because of his experience with Lean Six Sigma and management.
- In the last year and a half, Sonny has completely rewritten all of the retail and operations handbooks, training, and SOPs for trimmers to district managers.
- Also, he formulated and implemented training, KPIs, and SMART goals.
- In 2021, Sonny restructured the company to better facilitate career paths for all employees.
- This included cross-training, stretch assignments, and ranking positions.
- All positions were mapped out–step-by-step training on day-to-day tasks and core competencies were embedded into every single position to ensure sustainability.
- Some of the core competencies training are customer service, understanding and building EQ, teamwork, and drive for results.
Top Talent Email: [email protected]Contact a Recruiter